From “postcoderoos ” to smart energy storage, from crowdfunding to cooporative and from 1000 competitors to consolidation: The Dutch solar energy market has once again grown significantly in 2013 and is now in full swing! But where to? Solar power is cost effective and financially attractive without any subsidy. Now what? For the sixth time straight, The Solar Future NL coming May 27 in the ´Beurs van Berlage´ in Amsterdam, becomes the meeting place for all key stakeholders in the Dutch PV market. They discuss the main developments in the market, share new strategic insights and come to get inspired.
Will the market continue to grow in 2014 up to 2017? And if so, for whom and where? How long is the current net metering policy tenable and what is next? How will the energy companies respond to hundreds of thousands of PV systems? And what impact does the expected renewed strong growth of the international solar industry with accompanying further cost reductions have? 'We ain't seen nothing yet ', says the Professor.
These are some of the questions that the experts discuss on this symbolic place: the financial centre of the Netherlands. Solar energy has changed from a subsidised experimental energy technology to a self-evident (financial) saving option with potential for disrupting the Dutch energy market. What is this going to imply?
08:30 | Registration and coffee
09:15 | Opening conference
- Worldwide trends in the PV market
- Cost developments and industry forecasts
- The Solar Future: what’s next?
09:35 | The Dutch market in figures
- What new PV capacity has been installed in 2013?
- What are the prospects for 2014 and how quickly does the Dutch market grow?
- What are the latest trends in the market?
- How is the industry developing? Which consolidation is to be expected?
10:00 | New breakthroughs in solar energy technology and (Dutch) industry
- What are the latest technological developments on international scale?
- What are the trends and what breakthroughs can we expect?
- What role does the Dutch manufacturing industry play in the near future?
10:25 | The impact of the next big thing: (solar) energy storage
- What are the (solar) energy storage developments and trends globally and in Germany in particular?
- The impact of solar PV with storage on the German electricity market dynamics & pricing
- Trends and forecasts for cost reductions of energy storage solutions
- How will (solar) energy storage impact the major stakeholders in energy?
- The 100% Renewable Energy scenarios; dreams or realistic opportunities?
10:50 | Coffee break
11:30 | Net metering; what is and what isn't allowed with the current regulations?
11:30 | The trends with solar energy collectives in the Netherlands
11:30 | Fiscally smart financing of PV systems in the commercial sector
11:50 | What is the financial impact of the net metering policy?
11:50 | The 'postcoderoos' business case of the "De Ramplaan" collective
11:50 | The business case for PV in the commercial segment (small & large businesses)
12:10 | The net metering policy of the future
12:10 | Growing the 'postcoderoos' on Solar soil...
12:10 | How will the housing corporations finance 10.000 PV homes?
13:00 | Networking Lunch
14:00 | PV Marketing: how to best spend your marketing budget
14:00 | How fast will energy storage become cheaper?
14:00 | The role of the inverter in Big Data developments in Solar
14:00 | What's the benefit of a roof filled with PV panels for carpet manufacturer Desso?
14:20 | The new marketing approach: 'Super Promoters'
14:20 | What does it mean when every home or neighbourhood stores (solar) energy itself?
14:20 | Do we want an integrated collective 'big data' model for solar energy?
14:20 | The secret behind the growth of PV in the agricultural sector?
14:40 | Interactive brainstorm session: 'Ability to distinguish'
14:40 | The impact of energy storage in a PV-powered neighborhood
14:40 | The importance of proper Performance Ratio monitoring and ‘forecasting’?
14:40 | What are the lessons learned in the largest Dutch rooftop project Venco Campus?
15:30 | Tea Break
16:00 | Panel Discussion: How disruptive is widespread use of PV for the energy market?
- What is the impact of hundreds of thousands of PV systems in NL on the net?
- How disruptive is widespread use of PV for the energy market?
- What does the energy system with PV look like in the future?
16:45 | Inspiration for growth: lessons from abroad
- With a LCOE of $0,05/kWh already feasible today, what will be feasible in Europe in 5 years from now?
- How to sell solar: crucial input on creating successful marketing strategies
- How will the international solar business and its models develop and change?
- How will (cheap) solar impact and disrupt the energy utilities business models?
17:10 | A look into the solar future: The Energy of Nations
- The triple crunch theory: oil supply, climate shock and financial crash
- The solar solution, its disruptive impact and road to renaissance
- The vision of the most respected green entrepreneur of the UK, according to The Observer
17:35 | Networking Drinks